Talented spoken word poet and experienced cultural producer, Faith Moyosore Agboola who is widely known as Faith Moyosore has been nominated for the Rising Talent of the Year award in the inaugural edition of the African Podcast and Voice (APVA) awards by Afripods
The APVA Awards intend that excellent podcasters, spoken-word poets, and voice artists are given due recognition for their work.
The aims of the Awards are to:
- Acknowledge, highlight, and celebrate the achievements of African voice talents.
- Provide role models and mentors for budding creatives to follow their achievements and the pursuit of excellence.
- Encourage leadership on the continent.
“Faith Moyosore Agboola has not just made history but has also set the standard for innovation and creativity in the African spoken word poetry industry,” said Bidemi Adedire, Founder of APVA.
“Being nominated as a rising spoken word poetry talent of the year in Africa has a nice ring to it. Thank you APVA for the nomination and for recognizing my exciting journey in the past year. It is deeply humbling. I am confident that this nomination would inspire other performance poets and spoken word artists in my country to push for excellence and consistency in their craft,” said Faith Moyosore Agboola, the nominee.
A full list of nominees can be found here
ABOUT THE NOMINEE
Faith Moyosore Agboola is a performance poet and cultural producer.
She has performed poetry on various stages and media platforms, including TEDxAlausa, GT Bank’s You Read, Kokopelli Night of Storytelling, Faaji Friday, Ubuntu Festival, Spoken Word Lagos, City FM and WFM 91.7 among others. She has also been commissioned to create poems for brands such as Norfolk Black History Month, a UK based organization and Do Take Action, an African NGO.
She is the founder of The African Writers and the convener of African Writers Meet. In recognition of her work in literature, she was awarded the fully funded Chevening Scholarship in 2020 to study for a master’s degree in creative enterprise.
As a nominee, Faith Moyosore Agboola is also eligible to win an APVA Award, which is voted online by fans and scored by seasoned Judges across the continent.
Winners will be announced on Saturday, September 23, 2023.
The Association of African Podcasters and Voice Artists is a community-driven organization that seeks to discover, amplify, and celebrate African voice/audio creatives.
Some of Our Objectives
- Discover Africa’s Unique voices that are telling and retelling the African narrative.
- Amplify the excellent works of African audio creatives via the African Podcast and Voice Awards and other industry-specific events.
- Strengthen the African audio industry by providing home-grown resources that cater to the needs of audio creatives.
- Partner with and support communities and organizations looking to support the African audio industry.